CAPI: External Files
Under CAPI Build Option Settings, External Files you can specify the folders used for button bitmap files, image files, and any linked documents. In addition, you can choose to generate documents to list the status of your image files, linked files and URL links.
For linked documents, the list includes the external files and web pages required by the questionnaire. The document indicates whether or not a particular file or web page exists.
For images, the list includes a question number, a picture filename, and a status field, indicating whether or not the file was found in the specified picture directory. The status field will display one of three messages, “Found”, “Not found”, or “Not supported”. The message, “Not supported”, means that the picture's file type cannot be displayed by the current build application.
The list documents are written in .RTF format to the same folder as the specifications file.
External File Options
- Directory for button bitmap files: Enter the directory path for the location of button bitmap files to be used as picture buttons for automated interviews. QDS provides standard bitmaps for Yes, No, Male, and Female buttons. If you want to use only the standard QDS buttons, you can leave this at the default path. All bitmaps for an instrument must reside in a single directory.
- Directory for image files: Enter the path name of the folder that contains your picture files. This folder will be used during interview administration.
- Directory for linked documents: Enter the path name of the folder that contains the files you wish to link to. This folder will be used during interview administration.
- Prompt to view image list file: Check this box if you wish to see a message asking if you wish to open the image list file after you build the automated interview control file.
- Prompt to view linked documents list file: Check this box if you wish to see a message asking if you wish to open the linked documents list file after you build the automated interview control file.
- Browse buttons: Click these buttons to select a directory for files by browsing the directory structure of your computer.