What's New in QDS™ Version 5.0?
Design Studio Module
- Longer variable names: Variable names now allow up to 32 characters.
- New drop-down layout for Pick One Response Types: Optional drop-down list (instead of response buttons) for Pick One responses, supporting up to 997 response choices.
- Find and Replace Function: Easily replace words or phrases in specifications file.
- Functions for Automatic Variables
- Round: returns the rounded value of a numeric expression.
- Day, Month, and Year: return the value of a single component of a full or Year-Month date response.
- StringToNumber: converts a string that contains numbers to the corresponding numeric value.
- Special Constant for Automatic Variables: Special constant .MSG assigns a system missing code to an Automatic Variable.
- Edit Element, Launch allows up to ten shared variables: Share up to ten variables with the destination file for the Edit Element, Launch another control file reconciliation option.
- Custom formatting to error messages: Formatting (bold, italics, and underline) may be applied to standard error and Edit Element messages displayed in CAPI and ACASI.
- Enhanced Preview Mode Tools
- Display variable name in Question text box.
- Write response values for a subset of variables to a text file (.CSV format).
- Enhanced Preview Tool Response Values box: Function to search for specific variable names or question numbers in Preview response values dialog box.
Warehouse Manager Module
- New SAS XML export option: Export to XML format (compatible with SAS v8 and higher).
Click here to download a PDF (1.7MB) detailing the New Features in QDS 5.0.